Okay, I know we have all done it at one time or another. I am talking about sticking our big fat foot in our mouth. Today was my day. It happened when I dropped Cody off at daycare. One of Cody's teachers has been putting on weight lately. The weight is centrally located in the stomach and hip area. I have been wondering for a couple of months if she was expecting. (can you see where I am going with this)
So this morning I asked her, "When is your baby due?" "Oh baby, I am not pregnant I am just getting fat" she replied. Then my dumb butt said "Whatever you are messing with me" "Seriously" she said "I do not have any kids, I am just gaining weight you are not the first person to ask me."
At this point I really wanted to crawl in a hole. What should I say now? So I apologized mutiple times but that really didn't do any good I am sure. Moral of this story is one I already know, I knew better, you NEVER ask a women if she is pregnant.
2 comments:
That is too funny!!! Although I know you felt awful.
Oh my yikers. That is definately a foot in mouth situation. I have learned this the hard way myself. And also I was once asked, so I know the feeling. I hope she will forgive you or go on a diet :)
Post a Comment