Thursday, November 19, 2009

Blow my mind

I know I am a few days late in posting this, but Sunday evening Michael and I had a whaaaat??? moment that I thought I would share (and embarrass my daughter at the same time). So Cat and I are unloading the dryer when the telephone rings, I go over to get the phone and the voice on the other end greats me with "Hello Mrs. Willoughby, can I please talk to Cathy I have a question about our bible verse?" So Cat gets the phone and goes into our room to talk (as the den is pretty loud between her brothers and the t.v.). When she returns Michael and I asked her who it was that called. She replied "Cla". Michael says "ooh, Cla is he your boyfriend?" to which Cat says "yes". We both looked like deer caught in headlights and asked her what made Cla her boyfriend. She told us that they had talked about it and they both liked each other and they had decided next year in middle school they were going to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

Now I knew that this day was coming that she would have a "boyfriend", I mean Michael and I both had our first "boyfriend/girlfriend" around fifth grade. But boy when she told us that Sunday night, it was the weirdest feeling, like my heart sank into my stomach.

No comments: