Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Motherhood

Is the most complicated, challenging, rewarding thing in life. As you will so often hear "Kids don't come with instruction manuals", though wouldn't it be great if they did. But maybe that is one of those rewarding things about children. It is a learning process for the child but for you as the parent as well. All four of my children are so different, they all have commonalities, but have very distinct personalities, and what works as discipline or guidance for one does not work for another.

I was talking to my sister this past weekend and told her the scariest feeling I had while being pregnant with Kendall was "Oh my gosh, I am about to add another person to the list, another person that will need me, that I will need to make time for" "How will I find that balance, to have time for all of them as well as myself".

I am asked this question alot. "How do you do it?" "How do you work, and have four kids, and manage a home?" So many people see my life as a challenge, and at many times;) it is. But my life is also a privaledge. I have been truly blessed with what these days is considred a large family, and as a big family we all have to chip in and do our parts, even if it is something as simple as taking the laundry out of the dryer. I guess what I am trying to say is my whole family contributes to what others may see as my success.

So to my husband, and my children I just want to say thank you. I am thankful for each of you everday!!

No comments: