Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Routine Stuff...

Below is the story of how I started my day yesterday and is an average morning for me. For those of you that are mothers perhaps you can relate... It's 5:45 I wake up to the alarm, after turning it off I hobble my way (still half asleep) to the kitchen to put a pot on to boil the water for Kendall's formula. Then while I am waiting on the water I gather up all the kids bookbags, and remove papers from the previous day, while signing behavior reports (for the smaller ones), I then repack the bookbags and get Cathy's soccer bag packed as she has a game after school. By this time the water is boiling so I set it over to cool. I then make Kendall's bottles for daycare, being sure to write her name and the date on each one.

Next I hear Kendall awaken so up the stairs I go to get her. She is standing in her crib and greets me with a smile and kiss as I pick her up, for a brief moment all is right in the world. We go back downstairs together were I get her dressed for the day and fix her morning bottle. I then place her in her seat and I hop in the shower. I finish my shower and get Kendall then we make our way back upstairs to wake up the other kids. I start by waking up Cathy, I lay her uniform out for her on the foot of her bed and then proceed to the boys room where my fun always begins ;) I get their uniforms for them and help Cody get dressed, not because he needs my help, but because it is MUCH faster than waiting on him to decide he is ready to get up. The boys and I then go to the bathroom passing Cathy's room where I have to remind her again that it is time to get up and get ready for school. I brush both the boys hair and help them with their teeth then back downstairs we go, time to fix breakfast.

I set Kendall on the floor where her brothers begin to fight over who is going to play with her, then go to the pantry and ask the boys what they would like. "Poptarts" I hear in reply, so I place them in the toaster and get their drinks. By this time Cathy has made her way down stairs, but only after me yelling to her upstairs once again that it is time to get ready. I prepare Cat's breakfast as well and have them all sitting at the table. I then make Kendall's formula and fix her cereal. I had just started feeding her the cereal when Cat finishes eating her breakfast. Yes, I think to myself, Cat can finish feeding her and I may actually get makeup on this morning. So I head to my bathroom to get ready and leave the boys at the table eating and Cat feeding Kendall.

As I return to the kitchen (after hearing lots of fighting) to tell everyone it is time to get their shoes on I see Cody sitting in the corner and part of his poptart on the floor. When I asked him why he threw his poptart on the floor, he told me that "Colin farted on it". As I am buckling Kendall in her carseat and making sure they all have shoes and bookbags I ask Cody how his brother was able to fart on his poptart, he never did tell me and Colin was laughing saying that Cody was not telling the truth. So the poptart that got farted on made its way to the trash and we made it out the door. Long story short I never know what to expet when I get up in the morning, but I know there will never be a dull moment.

No comments: