
So what a way to start my week off... I was in my bathroom getting ready this morning putting on my finishing touches (my earrings). Now I am a creature of habit and I definately have my favorite "go to" jewelry (pictured above). Which consist of a beautiful aquamarine necklace and matching earrings that Michael bought for me. While they are a matching set I did not get them at the same time.
He gave me the neckalce many years ago for Christmas, I was really surprised when I got it, he bought me a new leather jacket that year and there was a box in the pocket with my necklace in it. A year or two later he gave me the matching earrings for my birthday. I remember it so well, I was pregnant with Colin at the time and still in that early not feel so good part of the pregnancy and he took me out to dinner and gave them to me there.
They are my favorite!!! Both pieces the necklace and the earrings! Anyway as I was putting my earrings on I noticed that my necklace was not on my neck? I immediately looked through my other jewelry puzzled as I had not remembered taking it off (I rarely do, unless it is to switch necklaces) and it was not there. I now have no idea where it is or when I lost it. I know I wore it to work on Friday and I think I remember having it on Saturday morning, but after that I cannot recall, I am going to try and retrace some of my steps, but the truth is it could be anywhere... I feel so sad, it is weird to put that much attachment on something I know, but it was very special to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment