Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Sleepy

It's 11:45 I have just gotten good and asleep when I am awakened by the sound of Kendall crying. I hobble up the stairs half asleep into her room and see her sitting there in the middle of her crib looking for her pacifier. I noticed that it had dropped onto the floor so I picked it up gave it back to her, gave her a kiss tucked her in and turned around to walk out the door. She immediately rose up and began crying. "Kendall", I said, "It is night -night time, mommy is going to sleep and Kendall is going to sleep" Naturally that did not matter to a 17 mo old that wanted her mommy to hold her.

So I lifted her out of bed, and stood there a few minutes rocking and snuggling with her. I walked back to her crib to lay her down. She was almost asleep, so I stood there a few minutes caressing her head as she kept peaking so sleepy eyed at me to make sure I was still there. As I was standing there with her I thought to myself how very lucky I am, how blessed I am to be her mother, to be the mother of 4 beautiful, healthy children, and how although at many times being a mom can be so stressful, it also brings unparalleled joy.

No comments: