
Yesterday was Sunday and thus we went to church. While the church has a nursery up to age four, I choose to keep all three children with me and yes while most Sundays I am constantly saying shhh we have to be quiet yesterday that was not the case and I experienced something wonderful.
During the opening hymn as I was standing and singing I looked down at Cody to make sure he was behaving and there he was sitting in the pew holding his hymnal in his lap (upside down and on the wrong page) singing the most beautiful song. I have no idea what he was singing as he was making up the words as he went, but I do know that it touched my heart. I know that it made me take a step back and remember all that I have been blessed with in my life, how thankful I am for my children and how very much I love them.
During the opening hymn as I was standing and singing I looked down at Cody to make sure he was behaving and there he was sitting in the pew holding his hymnal in his lap (upside down and on the wrong page) singing the most beautiful song. I have no idea what he was singing as he was making up the words as he went, but I do know that it touched my heart. I know that it made me take a step back and remember all that I have been blessed with in my life, how thankful I am for my children and how very much I love them.
1 comment:
Kristy, I love this story about Cody singing in church and there is no better way to raise your children than taking them to church.
Post a Comment