Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Rainbows and Sunshine


Or Doom and Destruction??


Are you one of those people that see the world through rose colored glasses? Do you know someone like that? I was accused recently of being a negative person. I don't think that is so. I have to admit that sometimes I am a bit cynical. I seem to see the bad side of things and more times than not I do not trust people openly. I believe trust is something you earn therefore you must show me over time that you are trustworthy before I open myself up to you. I think this comes from two places in me. I am "my father's daughter" as my mother would tell you. My father being a policeman taught me to be cautious, the other I have been burned many times.


Three of the most important people in my life are rainbow and sunshine individuals. They go through life thinking everyone is good and everyone is their friend. While I am definitely not seeing the world through the same glasses that they are, I do not think I am negative either. I am cautious and there is nothing wrong with that.

1 comment:

K.White said...

Very Well Written!! Can't wait to see you Saturday!!