For those of you that don't know, last week I had to attend an executive leadership course in New York City. So Michael and I decided to go a few days early and make a vacation out of it. We had such a wonderful time and were lucky to be able to do so many things. When we arrived on Saturday we had lunch at a nice little patio restaurant and then headed to Central Park. It was packed with people. There were lots of street performers and Michael really enjoyed watching the dancers (they were pretty awesome). On Sunday we went and saw a Broadway play, had dinner at the Mesa Grill and then went to the Empire State Building (we were there at sunset which was not planned but really beautiful). On Monday we went on the double decker bus tour, we got off the bus at Battery Park and waited in the 1 1/2 hour line to ride the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Island. I have to say that was probably my favorite place to visit. It was very humbling to be there thinking of what others had gone through to enjoy the privileges that we take for granted. From there we went to a Yankees game, it was so much fun and full of energy, the Yankees won in the bottom of the ninth with a walk off home run! (and the cheese fries were darn good too). On Tuesday I had class and that evening after I got out we went and had dinner in Times Square and did a little shopping, then Wednesday was our last day there so after class it was back on the plane for the trip home. It was so nice to have this time together just the two of us. Below are a few pictures:
1) The name says it all
2) Michael and I at Winter Garden Theatre waiting on the musical to start
3) Central Park
4) Lady Liberty
5) Empire State Building
6) View from Empire State Building
7) Times Square
No comments:
Post a Comment