Monday, October 25, 2010

Costume Crazies

So Halloween is right around the corner and thus I have been shopping for the kids costumes. When we first began Colin wanted to be Snake Eyes (from G.I. Joe), Cody was going to be Batman (which we already have a really cool Batman costume so it would save me $$), Cathy said "whatever, as long as it's cool", and Kendall was going to be a bumblebee (another hand me down costume ;)

So off to Party City I go, plan in mind knowing what I need to get. However let me say the options for Cathy are getting smaller and smaller, literally!! I mean some of those costumes look, well not appropriate for an eleven year old child. So I end up getting Cat a funky ladybug costume (it was really cute and age appropriate, not babyish and not "to old") I got Colin Snake Eyes, and I left feeling pretty good. Side note: the sword I got Colin was not "Snake Eye's" sword, but was a really cool ninja sword, they did not have the specific sword that "went" with the costume.

I pick up the kids thinking Halloween is complete. NOPE, no such luck. No longer did Cody want to be Batman, now that he saw Colin's Snake Eyes costume, he wanted to be Storm Shadow (his arch enemy) so they could fight each other. Cathy's ladybug wings were ripped in the package and Colin was not happy that I got the "wrong sword".

So Saturday after soccer Cathy, Cody, Kendall and I head back to Party city to exchange Cathy's and buy Cody's costume. Cathy ends up choosing a different costume, now she is going to be Robin (Batman's sidekick) which I was totally okay with until we got it home she tried it on and it was skin tight and came up to her butt.

Once again today I go back to the store to trade Cathy's costume, this time I got her a pirate that she had also liked when we were there over the weekend. Here is hoping it fits!! Costume shopping is so much easier when they are Kendall's age :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!! I'm sure they will be cute. Ryan is going to be what else...Mickey Mouse. He has not tried it on yet so I hope it fits. I'm sure the kids will be very cute.
Miss Ya,
Krystle