Friday, January 22, 2010

Tween

So another year has passed and I am now the mother of a tween, or so I have been told. Cat's b-day was earlier this month and she turned 11. What is a tween you ask (as did I). Apparently it means she is no longer a little kid and not yet a teenager but is "in-between" or a tween. Now when I was little I think we were called pre-teens, but hey times and terms change :) I cannot believe how fast the time has flown, it seems like yesterday I was bringing her home from the hospital, a first time mom, overdoing and overreacting about everything. But they say you learn through your first, and I have. I am looking forward to the next couple of tween years, as I have had so many people warn me of the teen years. But I know Cat and I will make it through them together, I am sure I will come out on the other side with even more grey hair, but that is part of it.

1 comment:

K.White said...

I'm glad you updated me on the new name for pre-teen years. I had not heard of that one. Hope all is well with ya'll. I guess you have decided upon the name of new baby girl Willoughby from looking at the pictures down the side of your page. I like the name Kendall. Have a great week and I hope to see you all soon!!