Monday, January 11, 2010
What are you doing
Well the clumsiness of pregnancy is catching up with me (although some might argue I am just naturally clumsy). Yesterday I was walking down the stairs to tell Michael and Cat bye as they were heading off to the gym. I was not really paying attention to what I was doing and was not holding on to the banister as I should have been. To top it off I was also wearing socks that are pretty slick on the bottom (and for those of you that don't know my stairs are wood so there is nothing for your socks to grip). When I got to the fourth stair from the bottom I began to fall, it is kinda fuzzy to me what happened as I as panicked, Michael was panicked and yelling and I seem to have banged up my arm pretty good on the banister as it was throbbing as I made it to the floor on my behind. I collected myself very quickly and did not cry as I didn't want to cause any more alarm than I already had, Michael got me up and to the chair. But the part of this story that I wanted to share is, as I was sitting there trying to keep my heart from beating out of my chest, Cody walks over to me and hugs my belly and says "Mommy, is you baby okay?" To which I reassured him and everyone else hovering around me that yes she was okay and so was Mama, Thank God. I will definitely being using the banister from here forward and taking the steps barefooted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it must run in the family to be clumsy. I'm always running into the edges of furniture.
Post a Comment