
So once again we are dealing with the plight of bug bite allergies. Sunday morning Cody was outside playing (without bug spray on, a no no on our part) and he got two mosquito bites on his left wrist. It immediately began swelling and I began giving him Benedryl, by yesterday morning the swelling had moved into his hand and fingers, I continued with the Benedryl and the Motrin for the swelling and pain. By three o'clock this morning (when he woke me up crying from it hurting) he had a club hand and the swelling had traveled up to his elbow. So now my poor baby is swollen fingertip to elbow and the whole area is feverish. So I called his pediatrician first thing this morning and we are going to see him after lunch. I am sure Cody will end up getting a shot (oh joy), but am hoping once we leave the doctors he will be feeling some relief. I have never seen a child react to insect bites the way he does, I am hoping it is an allergy he will "outgrow" and will not have to battle his whole life, especially living in "bug country" also known as south Georgia....
1 comment:
Poor baby...Ryan got a few bug bites while it Atlanta. Wendy called because they swelled up on his leg. I did remember to send his medicine so she started giving it to him and they've gotten a lot better. I hope Cody feels better soon.
Post a Comment