Monday, August 2, 2010

Itchy Mess

So this past weekend has to be one of my most miserable in recent history. I woke up last Friday morning with what I thought was a cluster of bug bites on my right forearm and elbow. As the day progressed I started getting the same raised areas in other places at which point I realized it was not bug bites, but the hives. By Saturday morning it had spread and I was now getting them all over my hands and face, by late Saturday night my face was so bad that I could see my eyelids swollen in front of my eyes. I had been taking Benedryl but it was obviously not helping, and they were so painful and itchy. The ones on the inside of my palms would sting anytime I would touch something. So when I woke up Sunday morning and they were still present off to the ER I went. The doctor there gave me a shot of steroids and sent me home with more medicine to take. He told me to continue with the Benedryl as well and that if they were not improving within the next 2 to 3 days that I would need to go an an allergist to see if they could figure out what was triggering them. They are better today, much better, but definitely still present....ugh, I will be sooo glad when they are gone completely.

No comments: