Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting back into the swing

Well back to reality this week... The kids went back to school and after a week off Michael and I both went back to work. This is also the week that Kendall began daycare. The first day was REALLY bad. Kendall and I both cried all day and by the time I got home my eyes hurt and I was totally drained, both emotionally and physically. Yesterday was better for both of us, and when I dropped her off this morning she did not cry so that made me feel much better. However, I am struggling to find my new routine. Now that I do not get to see her from 8:30-3:00 all I want to do is hold her, so when I have gotten home the past few evenings I have been a little slack with dinner and picking up the house.

I know I will find my new groove once we both get used to not being together during the day. But like I told Michael, I know I have been through this before and I know that she will be okay and well taken care of. I also know that I chose to work so that the kids could be in private school, which in turn means when they are little they must go to daycare. I know ALL of these things however it does not make it any easier....

No comments: