Last night as I was in the kitchen cooking dinner Cathy walked in from basketball practice. I noticed she was favoring her arm, so I asked her what had happened. She told me that she had fallen at practice. When Michael walked in I then asked him because he had gone to practice with her. Michael said she was running down the court to shoot a layup and that another girl was running right with her and at the last minute got in front of her which in turn tripped Cat and she fell, HARD. She was not able to catch herself or brace for the fall. Can I say FOUL? Well her coach did as well and she got two free throws. However her whole left knee is a big blue bruise, her left hip and elbow are bruised badly and her right knee is scraped.
She was telling us last night that it hurt, (which I can imagine it does), when her daddy told her to "toughen up", "that's part of basketball". I know it is part of basketball and I know it can be a tough sport. But she is a twelve year old little girl and it is okay to tell us that her bruises hurt. I think he forgets sometimes as tough as she is she is still a little girl, not a boy and she does not have to act like a macho man.... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment