Thursday, March 18, 2010

A mom's "day off"

Okay, so yesterday I had the day off of work. It was St. Patrick's day (which is a big deal in Savannah). So I was at home with the kids, who are on spring break this week. Instead of truly "having" the day off, I decided I was going to clean the bathrooms. We currently have 3 1/2 baths. I was doing good until I reached the monster pictured above. You cannot appreciate it's true size unless you see it in person. It is 10ft of slate top to bottom wall to wall. When I picked the tile for the shower I was going on aesthetics, I did not think about having to clean it. For those that don't know (I was one of these people prior) dark tile is harder to clean than light tile. My mom and husband would tell you that I go overboard in my cleaning. But my thought on that is I don't like to do anything half butt. Let me say though, I am paying for it today. I need to keep reminding myself "Kristy, you are eight months pregnant" and stop trying to be superwoman. But like I told Cathy yesterday when she said "Mom, you really don't have to do that". "If, I don't do it who will?"

No comments: