Thursday, August 12, 2010

Growing Pains


This past Monday night I had a parent orientation meeting for upcoming 6th grade students at Cathy's school. We all assembled in the sanctuary where we met with administrators and teachers and got an overview of what to expect in the upcoming year. After which Cathy and I went to the six grade hall and walked her schedule and met her teachers so she would be familiar before school began. As I sat there and listened I had this overwhelming feeling of sadness. It hit me like a brick at once that my "baby" was no longer a "baby", and in fact is a young lady. I sat there thinking oh my gosh, six more years, I only have six more years and my little girl will not be mine any longer. I am excited to start this new era in her life, the transition period where she will go from little girl to young woman. I know there will be many new things to teach and share with her over the next several years. I just wish the years would not go as quickly as the last 11 have. I love my daughter so very much and am so proud that she is mine!

1 comment:

jenivester said...

Just seems like yesterday in California, huh? I can see those little Easter baskets filled with Little Bitty Loren and you and Cat beside her! Yep! I know what you mean. Our little girls are young ladies!