
I am gonna get up on my soap box and rant for a minute. Last night AGAIN, our daughter brought up having a cell phone to us. We explained as we have many times before that she is NOT getting a cell phone at 11 years old. There is no need for one. This time she says, "Well what if I were in trouble?". To which we said Cathy where would you be at your age that an adult; either family or your friends parents would not be with you (no reply). We have said to her numerous times and we reiterated again last night, there is no need for an 11 year old child to have a cell phone. When she turns sixteen (maybe fifteen) and begins driving and needs a phone so that in an emergency such as car trouble she can get in touch with us then and only then will we discuss getting a phone, not to sit and text on all day long but to call and let us know where she is and when she will be home, and if she needs our help.
And the thing that really gets me going, my child does not even use the home phone!!!I can count on one hand the number of times she has called a girlfriend. Ugh! And I know it doesn't help that "everybody" has one. But you know what just because "everybody" else does something does not mean you have to. (Do I sound like MY parents right now, yes I do...) And I don't care what Susie Q's Mama lets her do or let's her have! I am not Susie Q's Mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment